End of Year Giving 2023
“Donate Today! Your donation makes a difference in the lives of veterans and military families.”– Colonel Duncan Milne, USMC (ret.) President, Dixon Cener for Military and Veterans Services
As you consider your end of year giving, please include Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services. With the end of 2023 fast approaching, we at Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services would like to share some tips to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our veterans and military families with your year-end giving.
- Donate stock instead of cash to Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services as a tax-smart act. When you donate stock or other appreciated securities you have owned for longer than a year, you can be exempt from paying capital gains tax. Plus, you may be able to receive a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the donation up to the full amount allowed by the IRS.
- Open a Donor Advised Fund and receive an immediate tax deduction and have the flexibility to give back to nonprofits when the time is right for you. Your fund can also grow tax-free through wise investing, allowing you to give more as your fund grows. Donor Advised Funds are easy to create, tax-deductible and have minimal start-up costs.
- Make a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from your IRA directly to Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services tax-free.
- Make an Honorary or Tribute gift – recognize someone extraordinary in your life, through a tribute gift to Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services.
- Join others on Giving Tuesday and donate through one of our social media sites to make an impact on our veterans and military families. Visit us at:
“You can find the Service Before Self Podcast on your favorite podcast platform.”– Sam Whitehurst, U.S. Army (RET.), Vice President,Dixon Center for Military and Veterans
“Because of Dixon Center, untold numbers of veterans and their families lead productive and successful lives.”– Carolyn and Herbert Metzger Foundation The Carolyn and Herbert Metzger
“Dixon Center brings the most effective partners together to make the lives of veterans and their families better.”– Rick Freedman, Director & Co-President, Eugene and Ruth
“Dixon Center for Military and Veterans Services’ are effective and true ambassadors on behalf of our veterans who are dealing with or have succumbed to